It’s one thing to launch a new brand, or new programming. It’s another thing to train staff on new brand or program processes. And it’s yet another thing to get people truly engaged in those processes, buying into the objectives instead of just going through the motions.
The launch of OLG’s PlaySmart required a triple-front focus on all of these areas, all while the relationship between OLG and Ontario’s casinos underwent one of the largest transformations in Canadian public sector history.
PlaySmart training and engagement covers 4 lines of business, multiple program delivery partners, corporate teams and community stakeholders. Training is delivered through video and print materials, online modules, in-person workshops, large annual forums, and small site-level events.
Here’s an example of how we tell the PlaySmart story to staff:
- Lead copy-editor for enterprise-wide corporate training video and casino floor staff video training modules
- Developed “red flag response” training materials and related processes in collaboration with internal OLG teams and external partners the Responsible Gambling Council (RGC) and the Centre for Addictions and Mental Health (CAMH)
- Copy-edited all PlaySmart training reinforcement materials for Ontario casinos on a quarterly basis
- Managed or executed design of training reinforcement materials
- Created training manual for 3rd-party sponsorship event ambassadors, editing variations as needed for different event audiences
- Created and edited PlaySmart key message response guides for OLG’s Customer Support Centre, covering all lines of business and game/product categories
- Supported employee engagement events with copy-editing, graphic design and production support, and by coordinating 3rd party event staff